Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hugh Laurie


He frequently plays upper-class and dim-witted English characters except for his well known House character. He lives in LA with his wife and three kids. The image is from A Rolling Stones interview where he talks about his manic depressive. I really like this guy, not because of the roles that he plays but of his honesty. Here's some of my favorite quotes.

When asked if living in America would make him any less pessimistic or miserable: Oh, I hope nothing would ever do that. I won't let go of my roots.

I admit I can't shake the idea that there is virtue in suffering, that there is a sort of psychic economy, whereby if you embrace success, happiness and comfort, these things have to be paid for.

[on raising his daughter] Girls are complicated. The instruction manual that comes with girls is 800 pages, with chapters 14, 19, 26 and 32 missing, and it's badly translated, hard to figure out.

This is one of my favorite paintings.

No comments: